- In celebration of the parish’s 150th Anniversary, redecoration of the church was done, — including restoration of several statues and the Baptismal Font from the old church, and embellishment of the Marian Shrine.
The beautiful stained glass windows and doors, designed by Franklin Art glass Studios of Columbus were installed, in observance of the Jubilee Year.
The original bell, –“St. Joe”—was rehung in the new bell tower and rang out again on Christmas Day.
Ground-breaking for the new church, across the street from the original campus on the property that had been Downey Park, The new church was consecrated by Archbishop Karl J. Alter on November 11, 1966
The closing of the High School program, due to insufficient number of students.
The interior of the church was printed and re-decorated, the first major changes made since 1890.
The pipe organ, manufactured by Teller Organ Co., of Erie, PA, was installed in the church for a cost of $4,200!
St. Mary School begins to offer a full High School program (prior it offered a 3 year commercial course following grade school).
The current school building was constructed, and the current rectory was built. The former rectory was converted to a convent for Sisters.
The church was again enlarged, and given a more elaborate design, including stained glass windows and a bell tower.
The bell, cast in Troy, NY, was “named” St. Joseph!