Shortly after his arrival, Fr. John Berning (1950-1953) received permission to keep the blessed sacrament received at Immaculate Conception Church. He obtained the tabernacle that is now used. In recent writings, Fr. Berning states that he still holds dear the joys of this assignment, and cherishes the fine people. At 87, Fr. Berning enjoys hearing from those he served and loved so well.