Until 1942, these churches were administered by the priests from the nearby town of Marysville. Although Marysville was part of the Columbus diocese, the parishes were attached to Marysville as mission churches. After 1942, the Archdiocese of Cincinnati began to assign priests to pastor St. Michael’s in Mechanicsburg and Immaculate Conception in North Lewisburg.
As many parishes might record in their histories, Immaculate Conception parish has had its share of colorful pastors. The virtue of charity has been the blessing most of them have received from their flock, but some attest that a few of them “were difficult.” Most, therefore, scored flowers in the hearts of those they served, and find themselves endeared in memory.