The church was completed in 1869 (the same year the cornerstone was laid), while the Morans’ home, presently owned by Virginia Reid, wasn’t completed until the following year.
The church’s foundation is of unmatched stone gathered from the land. The church is a tall frame structure, smaller than many homes, and perched on the edge of Elm Street on the way out of town. Insider are 11 pews, with aisles only on either side, and stained glass windows memorializing the founding families: the Morans, Dolans, Benedicts, Landes, Burkes, and John Shea Sr. Other windows were in memory of Archbishop William Henry Elder, living/deceased members of the Altar Society, Rev. John Venneman and Rev. Nicholas Rohden. According to Fr. John Wolbert, pastor from 1987 to 1993, the church’s bell tower came from Mt. St. Mary’s major seminary, when it was in Price Hill (on Cincinnati’s west side — sometimes referred to as “God’s holy mountain”).