Today Sacred Heart Church in St. Paris is celebrating 150 years since the founding of the parish. This is a momentous occasion, and a time to celebrate the wonderful history and tradition of the parish, to thank God for His blessings upon it, and to look forward to the next 150 years of worshiping God in this sacred place.
Sacred Heart was founded as a mission of the Piqua parishes, and Priests from Piqua, Sidney, and Troy served the Catholic population of St. Paris for many years between 1868 and 1941. After that Sacred Heart had pastors from the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, each doing his part to carry Sacred Heart boldly into the future while respecting its past.
We are thankful to Archbishop Schnurr for celebrating the Anniversary Mass. It is a privilege and an honor to have him here. His pastoral presence is a reminder to us all that we are all part of a larger, universal Church. May the Sacred Heart of Jesus inspire us all to lives of greater holiness!
For the greater glory of God,